Sunday, September 26, 2010

Ginny's adventure in Braunschweig

This weekend Ginny came to visit me!

For those of you who don't know, Ginny went to high school with my college roommate Lane.  We met several times in South Carolina when I would visit her in Clemson.  She's now living in Rheda-Wiedenbrück as a au pair for a 2 month old baby.

She wanted to see the city so I took her on a pretty extensive city tour (we walked everywhere and now my feet are killing me!) so I'll have to post bit by bit about everything we saw.  I think one of the coolest things we saw was the "Happy Rizzi Haus."

The house was designed by American artist James Rizzi and was built in 1999 by the architect Konrad Kloster. The building is owned and used by the city as an office building.

me & ginny

One of my favorite things to walk around and look at are the different shaped windows, which range from simple things like squares and circles to hearts and stars!

There are so many different faces on the building too!


No comments:

Post a Comment