Thursday, January 20, 2011

Game Day

Before I tell you about today's game day, a little story.  Yesterday evening I went out for sushi and to a movie with the British assistants.  We ran into Ellie's roommate at the theater who's from France.  Her German was better than her English, so I spoke to her in German and to the other assistants in English.  At one point she turned to me and said, "You know, your English is really good!"  LOL, I should hope so.

Completely by chance, my classes all played games today.  With my 11th graders, I brought in my set of Bananagrams.  I didn't know if the game would be too hard for them or not, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to give it a try.  They ended up liking it, even though it was a little difficult, and sometimes they would put words down that I knew they didn't know but that were correct.  I guess some were just lucky.





The 6th graders all played grammar games today to help with tenses.  I think the little campus of the Neue Oberschule looks like Crunchem Hall in the movie Matilda.  Not the ugly classrooms like when Mrs. Trunchbull comes to visit, but like Ms. Honey's classroom when everything colorful is displayed.  Maybe it's just because it's an old building with real chalkboards and wood paneling.

No comments:

Post a Comment