Thursday, December 16, 2010

A Christmas Surprise

Last night I got together with the other foreign language assistants in Braunschweig to eat Christmas dinner.  Since they are all from Great Britian, I got the chance to taste new foods like yorkshire pudding, bread sauce, Christmas pudding, and British stuffing.  Everything I tried was really good!  I also found out that apparently they leave Santa a mincemeat pie and a glass of sherry instead of milk and cookies?!

Today was just another normal day at school.  I tried to teach the 6th graders the story of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer but they had a little trouble with the song (they didn't know the words).  School was shut down early today because of the snow (we're supposed to get 8 more inches tonight!), but before I left, I found a surprise in my mailbox.  A 6th grade class had written me Christmas cards!!



No comments:

Post a Comment