Today I was finally able to make it out to the Christian church in Peine after traveling so much on weekends and getting my transportation pass settled. The downside - it would take 20 minutes by car to get there, but I don't have one, so it takes me about 1.5 hours. The upside - they are some of the most welcoming and kind people I have ever met. Many of them were also at the Thanksgiving celebration in Hildesheim. The service is similar to the Christian Church services in the states - communion every week, singing, sermon, but there were also some differences. The church is so small that during the singing, they reserve 2 songs each week for requests from the audience! Pictures of the church will follow soon, I promise.
After the service was over, Randy and Katy invited me to stay for lunch and the Adventfest. Katy had made so many pies, cakes, candy, tea, and coffee that I was totally stuffed by the time I left.
No comments:
Post a Comment