Sorry I've been lax about the blog this week. I had a really bad cold that knocked me out for a few days, but no worries, my wonderful landlady Magreta took good care of me.
Friday night was game night again in Peine, and I had an awesome time learning a few new games. The one game I did not learn, and am glad I did not learn is "Traveling Through Time." It's a German game that someone had brought with them, and it took over an hour and a half to explain the rules and how the game was played. Seriously, the rulebook looked like a magazine - there were 35 pages!! Also, no worries, there's an instructional DVD that lasts 30 minutes in which case an expert tells you how to play. All in All, it took 4 people 5 hours to play the beginner version of the game (oh yes, there's also an advanced and an expert level). I don't even want to think about how long it would take someone to play those versions.
After spending the night with friends in Peine, I went shopping on Saturday with my birthday money! (Thanks so much Granny Margaret & Papa, Lizabeth & Steven, and Jack & Bessie!). I got clothes and shoes, but couldn't find the spring jacket I've been looking for, ALAS. I guess I'll just have to keep looking. The same family whose house I spent the night at after game night invited me to the movies with them last night as well. We went to see Rio, a moving about Parrots and Poachers set in Brazil. It was really cute.
Today is all about packing and cleaning. Why you ask? Because my mom and dad are coming to stay with me! We're meeting tomorrow in London and then setting off for a 10 day tour of Great Britain. After that, we're coming back to Braunschweig for some good German fun as well. Tschau until after Easter!
No comments:
Post a Comment