Saturday, April 30, 2011

the rest of England and back to Braunschweig

Since I last left everyone, we finished making our way through Scotland and England.  We saw Floors Castle, the Roman foundation at Hedden on the Wall, spent the night in York after touring the impressive cathedral and walking along the famous "Shambles" street, took a short stop in Shakespeare's birthplace Stratford upon Avon, and then finally had a night at the theater in London, where we saw the musical Wicked.  It was absolutely fantastic and the perfect way to top off the perfect vacation.

Thursday, my parents and I flew from London to Hanover, where we rented a car and drove back to Braunschweig.  Friday, we went to the VW factory in Wolfsburg and got to see tons of vintage cars in the museum, as well as the car towers that they store finished cars in and the factory.  Today, we took a stroll around the city, went shopping, and got some ice cream.  We're trying to keep it low key, since we were going non-stop for 2 weeks.  Pictures will be the next post, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment